Mardi Gras 2013 is February 12th. That means the Mardi Gras Parades would normally start about two weeks before. But in 2013 the Super Bowl is in New Orleans on February 3rd. So, the first weekend of Mardi Gras parades will be moved up one week. Then we'll have Super Bowl Week and then it's back to Mardi Gras parades. I can't even imagine what this town will be like if the Saints win the Super Bowl. Even for a city that's always partying, it will be WILD. Don't miss the fun. Make your plans now. Get your King Cakes and get ready to party.
Coming to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? Here's a complete guide on how to plan a trip to Mardi Gras.
First Mardi Gras? Here's the article to read.
Want to hang out with the natives? Here's the top 10 things you have to know.
Mardi Gras has some quirky traditions.Learn more.
Here's the list of the 2013 Mardi Gras Parades with dates and start times. All parades are on the traditional St. Charles Avenue Route, unless otherwise noted.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6th
FRIDAY, JANUARY 26th
- Krewe of Cork at 3pm in the French Quarter
- Krewe of Oshun Uptown 6:00pm
SATURDAY JANUARY 27th
- Krewe of Pontchartrain Uptown 2:00 p.m.
- Knights of Sparta Uptown 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Pygmalion Uptown 6:45 p.m.
SUNDAY JANUARY 28th
- Krewe of Carrollton Uptown 12:00 p.m.
- Krewe of King Arthur Uptown 1:15 p.m.
- Mystic Krewe of Barkus French Quarter 2:00 p.m. This parade is all for dogs.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd SUPER BOWL in Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6th
- Krewe of Ancient Druids Uptown 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Nyx Uptown 7pm
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 7th
- Krewe of Babylon, Uptown 5:45
- Krew of Chaos, Uptown 6:30
- Krewe of Muses, Uptown 6:30
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 8th
- Divine Protectors of Endangered Pleasures or DIVA French Quarter 1:30 p.m.
- Knights of Hermes Uptown 6:00 p.m.
- d'Etat- Uptown, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Morpheus Uptown 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9th
- Iris - Uptown, 11:00 a.m.
- Tucks - Uptown, 12:00 p.m.
- Endymion - Mid City, 4:15 p.m.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 10th
- Okeanos - Uptown, 11:00 a.m.
- Mid-City - Uptown, 11:45 p.m.
- Thoth - Uptown, 12:00 a.m.
- Bacchus- Uptown, 5:15 p.m.
LUNDI GRAS, FEBRUARY 11th
MARDI GRAS, FEBRUARY 12th
- Zulu- Uptown, 8:00 a.m.
- Rex - Uptown, 10:00 a.m.
- Elks Orleans - Uptown, 11:30 a.m.
- Crescent City - Uptown, follows Elks
Which are the best parades? Here are our picks.