One of the best places to hear New Orleans music is at Preservation Hall in the French Quarter. It's family friendly and uniquely New Orleans.
Midnight Preserves Music Series
The Midnight Preserves, the popular late-night Jazz Fest music series hosted by the world-renowned home of Traditional New Orleans Jazz will be held again this year. Midnight Preserves offers music fans the opportunity to experience intimate performances from legendary New Orleans artists as well as rare small-venue performances from some of the biggest names on the national scene,
The 2009 Schedule
Preservation Hall always has a great lineup during Jazz Fest and 2009 is no exception.
- Friday, April 24, 11:59pm Zigaboo and Friends with special guest Marva Wright,
- Saturday, April 25, 11:59pm Zigaboo and Friends with special guest Walter Wolfman Washington.
- Sunday, April 26, 8:30pm The Del McCoury Band and Preservation Hall Jazz Band,
- Sunday, April 26, 11:00pm The Del McCoury Band and Preservation Hall Jazz Band,
- Thursday, April 30, 11:59pm Rebirth Brass Band,
- Friday, May 1, 11:59pm The Dirty Dozen Brass Band.
- Saturday, May 2, 11:59pm Feet To The Floor (featuring Eric McFadden, Leo Nocentelli, Mean Willie Green, Nick Daniels, and Glenn Hartman)
Tickets range in price from $15.00 to 25.00 depending on the permormance. Ticket sales will be limited for these intimate performances, so order in advance at Ticketweb.
Special Performances by the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
On May 1st and 2nd from 8:00 – 11:00 pm there will be two very special performances from the Preservation Hall Jazz Band celebrating the release of their new CD: New Orleans Preservation, Vol. 1