It's still summer, but the weather usually cools down just a bit toward the end of the month. That's when it's time to get outside and enjoy the fun fall events in New Orleans. Here's a list of the best fall events in New Orleans.
- High 91F 31C
- Low 74F 22C
- Average Rainfall 6.15"
What To Wear
- Summer Gear--Comfortable Sandals and/or Walking Shoes
- Light and Cool Clothing
- Sun Hats, Sunglasses, and Sunscreen
- You can still get great deals at area restaurants and hotels.
- NFL Football returns with the New Orleans Saints.
- It's still hot and humid.
- August 29- September 3 Southern Decadence The premier gay and lesbian event of the year.
- Heart of the Gardens Tour all month.
- Preservation Hall at Fifty: Celebrating Jazz Featuring photographs by Shannon Brinkman at the Old U.S. Mint. all month.
- September 8 - Blue Sox Run for Prostate Cancer 8am
- September 9 - New Orleans Saints v. Washington Redskins in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome 12 noon
- Every Thursday - Ogden After Hours Concert from 6-8 pm at the Odgen Museum of Southern Art.
- September 10 – 16, New Orleans Restaurant Week
- TBA The New Orleans Seafood Festival in Lafayette Square.
- Every Wednesday starting mid-SeptemberFree concerts in Lafayette Square
- September 13-15 The New Orleans Burlesque Festival
- September 20 - Third Thursday Jazz series from 5:30pm to 8:00pm at the Bourbon Orleans
- September 23, 2012 - New Orleans Saints vs. Kansas City Chiefs at noon in the Mercedes Benz Superdome
- Last Saturday of the month the New Orleans Art Market