October in New Orleans is beautiful. The weather is perfect! It's cool and dry with bright blue skies overhead. It's the time to get outside and enjoy some of the festivals. Below is a list of events in October. But, really all of the fall season is great in New Orleans. So, here's a list of the best fall happenings.
Average high is 70, average low is 60, and the rainfall is low.
- Art for Arts' Sake in the Arts District is on the first Saturday of October.
- Every Wednesday free concerts in Lafayette Square
- Oct 04 - Red Hot Chili Peppers 8:00 PM at the New Orleans Arena
- Oct 20-21Secret Gardens of the Vieux Carre Tour
- Oct 12–14 The Crescent City Blues and BBQ Festival
- Oct 12-18 New Orleans Film Festival
- There are always special events and ghost tours for Halloween.
- Oct 27 Madonna World Tour 8:00 PM at the New Orleans Arena
- Oct 26-28 is the VooDoo Music Experience. It's part of a fun Halloween weekend and is always a fun musical festival.
- On the last Saturday of the month the New Orleans Art Market is held.