November is winter in New Orleans. But, remember our winters are mild. It's a great time to get outside and enjoy some fun events. In fact, all of the fall season is great in New Orleans. Here's a list of the best fall events in New Orleans.
- High 68F 20C
- Low 51F 11C
- Average Rainfall 4.2"
What to Wear
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Sweater
- Bring an Umbrella
- Bring a Jacket
- November 2nd free concert in Lafayette Square
- Light to Dark / Dark to Light art exhibit at the New Orleans Museum of Art through February 26, 2012
- Mahalia Jackson Theater of Performing Arts Presents: Rock of Ages November 01 – 06, 2011
- National Opera Week Activities November 01 – 06, 2011
- Nov. 2, 7 p.m. - Opera on Tap (OOT) Free Performance! Enjoy a casual concert at the Inn on Bourbon, 541 Bourbon St.
- Red the 2010 Tony award winer November 02 – 20, 2011 at Southern Rep Theater
- The Inn On Bourbon & The New Orleans Opera Association Salute "Ballo" November 2, 2011
- Prospect.2 installation by Dawn DeDeaux November 1, 2011 – January 29, 2012 Location: Historic New Orleans Collection
- Swamp Fest at Audubon Zoo on the 5th and 6th.
- On the 5th is the The Bywater Mirliton Festival
- On the 12th The Magazine Street Blues Festival, on the corner of Magazine Street and Napoleon Avenue from 11am - 7pm. It's free with good music.
- Nov. 16-20th the New Orleans Fringe Festival for something off the beaten path.
- The Po-Boy Preservation Festival November 20th
- Thanksgiving weekend State Farm Bayou Classic
- Thanksgiving Day is the opening of horse racing season at the Fairgrounds Race Track and Slots
- The day after Thanksgiving Celebration in the Oaks
- Last Saturday of the month the New Orleans Art Market