Beautiful weather before it gets hot.
- Average High 85° (29°C)
- Average Low 68° (20°C)
- Average Rainfall 3"
What to Wear
- Comfortable, but cool walking shoes.
- Warm weather clothes with a light jacket for evenings
- Bring rain gear
- Weather still comfortable for concerts, festivals and other outdoor activities
- It can be a rainy month
- All Month Special Exhibit- Turning Point: The Doolittle Raid, the Battle of Coral Sea and the Battle of Midway at the National World War II Museum.
- Every Wednesday Wednesday concerts at the Square in Lafayette Square
- First Saturday - Art Walk
- Last Saturday of the month the New Orleans Art Marketat Palmer Park.
- All Month - Furnishing Louisiana, 1735-1835 exhibit at the Historic New Orleans Collection
- All Month - The Lion King at the Mahalia Jackson Theater
- May 3, 4, 5, 6 - second weekend of New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
- May 3 through 6 Disney on Ice Dare to Dream at the UNO Lakefront Arena
- May 10, at 7:30 PM TNA Impact Wrestling in the UNO Lakefront Arena
- May 11 - Movies in the Garden: Breakfast at Tiffany's in Sculpture Garden in City Park at 5pm
- May 12th Spring Fling on Magazine with a large street party, refreshments and great deals.
- May 13th Mother's Day
- May 18th- New Orleans Voodoo vs. Orlando Predators 7pm in the New Orleans Arena
- 18-20 Bayou Boogaloo
- 22- 26th New Orleans Wine and Food Experience
- 25-27th The Greek Festival
- 26th - New Orleans Voodoo vs. Arizona Rattlers 7pm in the New Orleans Arena
- 28th - WWE Raw Super Show 7:15 PM in the New Orleans Arena
- Memorial Day Weekend Events