One of the best ways to spend the day in New Orleans is shopping for antiques on Magazine Street. There are six miles of shops, restaurants and bars in which to browse, eat or stop for a libation. It's a great place to antique shop. The shops on Magazine Street are not the costly, elegant French and English antiquess. Go to Royal Street
in the French Quarter for that. On Magazine Street, you'll find affordable antiques and collectables to purchase in over 40 antique shops. You can purchase a $3 Jazzy Pass from the Magazine Street bus driver that will allow you to get on and off a Magazine Street bus all day.
1. Magazine Antique MallThe Magazine Antique Mall is the largest of the Magazine Street antique shops. In this mall 40 dealers offer every period, antiques, collectibles & vintage furniture, art, estate, fine & costume jewelry, New Orleans art, toys, pottery, books, prints, china, linens, silver & more. Location: 3017 Magazine St.(504) 896-9994 or (504) 896-9994 Thee
Ann Kwerner Antiques carries a wide selection of antiques. There's furnature and accessories all arraingned in a way that makes it pleasant to browse through. Laocation: 4021 Magazine St. Phone (504) 899-2664
3. Antiques-MagazineAntiques-Magazine offers Victorian Lighting, Furniture, Pier & Over mantel Mirrors, Oyster Plates, Piano Babies, Smalls, Costume Jewelry. Location: 2028 Magazine St. Phone (504) 522-2043, (800) 264-2043 or (800) 264-2043.
4. Audubon AntiquesAudubon Antiques has a good mix of collectables and antiques, and as with all the antique shops on Magazine Street the prices are reasonable. Location: 2025 Magazine St. Phones (504) 581-5704, (504) 460-2349, (504) 460-2349
Aux Belles Choses is a fun shop to browse in. If you love your garden, this is the place for you. There are vintage garden pieces collected from the countrysides of France and English. This shop also has a lovely selection of French soaps, enamelware, santons, baskets, vintage linens, Provencal tablecloths and Vintage silver.
Balzac Antiques not only has beautiful antiques, it's a beautiful shop featuring 18th & 19th c. furniture and decorative arts of outstanding quality and charm. Specializing in 17-20 c. drawings in antique frames. Location: 3506 Magazaine Street. Phone (504) 899-2668.
7. British AntiquesAs the name suggests, British Antiques specializes in antiques from the British Empire. Location: 5415 Magazine St. Phone (504) 895-3716 or (504) 895-3716
Bush Antiques specializes in antique beds, but also featuring religious artifacts, unusual continental furniture, architectural elements, ironwork & lighting. Location: 2109 & 2111 Magazine St.(504) 581-3518
9. Magazine Street Clock & AntiquesThis is the place for antique clocks and watches. 2240 Magazine St.(504) 525-2240 or (504) 525-2240
If you have fallen in love with Provence, this is a must see on your tour of Magazine Street antiques shops. Here you'll find a wonderful selection of antique treasures from Provence. 3434 Magazine St.(504) 895-2301